Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Dynamically allocated reinforcements for CMBB?

This probably has already been addressed, and if so, a simple link would suffice. But my search revealed nothing (including a very quick run through on the monster CMBB faq). Anyway....

Will there be a way to allocate reinforcements based on the progress of the battle? For example, say I'm defending and I've stopped the enemy cold. I wouldn't necessarily request reinforcements if I were a real life commander, or, more accurately, reinforcements likely would not be sent my way. Instead, they may be sent to a different spot on the line or even retained as reserve. But if I was getting trampled, then I would need the reinforcements to stave off a breakthrough.

I think CMBO allows reinforcements to enter randomly, but I don't think it's tied to how good or bad the battle is progressing. Is something like this doable with the current engine and if so, is it being planned?

I would see the benefit in a different thing. Namely, that if you stopped the enemy advance cold, then the enemy attack should be getting reinforcements based on how well you are doing.

This feature however suggests itself more to a prolonged, long scenario, for which CM is officially not made (30 turns being the norm, and 100-turn monsters being the exception).

As you know, there *is* a dynamic reinforce feature already in CMBO, videlicet the battalion/divisional/regimental reinforcements during a campaign, which are triggered by the respective progress of the player (or, rather, lack thereof). This is extremely helpful for fine-tuning an operation in terms of balance.

Yes, I was aware of such a thing for operations. I was more interested in a single battle.

OH, and I agree about the attacker needing more troops. I was just using defense as an example. Whichever though, a person should be penalized somehow for triggering the reinforcements.

[ 01-22-2002: Message edited by: Juardis ]</p>