Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

where do you...

I am one of the few who has made them (1 at the depot, 2 more on the CD and a fourth on my HDD awaiting the day of 4ghz computerS). They are very rewarding, but the development cycle is definitley much more intensive as playtests take much longer, even with the dedicated crew I have. Moreover, balance is much trickier since, after the 2nd or 3rd battle there are too many permutations to watch. So you will never see as many operations as battles, at least good operations.

WWB

That is strange because I have had no problems laying out the operations. Balance is never going to be perfect, and I do not seek perfect balance, to me that would make the game very boring. I tend to like playing the Soviets early game when they are the underdog and the Germans in late game when they are the underdog, hence losing is not always bad.

In my current project set in 1941 the Soviets do not have to destroy the Germans, they just need to hold on to certain things. This can be done through several different means, mainly by balancing reinforcements, so that they arrive in time but not to soon as to make it easy. Also you do not have to destroy the enemy in the operation to have an excellent game, if you can give the player a few key points in the game then they should enjoy it.

I don't know I just have not seen that many problems. I have only played, 1 or 2, battles since I got the game, I much prefer operations and have played most of them. I will take a poor-fair operation over an excellent single battle any day.

[ December 02, 2002, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: Caldric ]