Any more Kursk scenarios available?

There were 2 that came with the game and I was able to download 2 more from the Scenario Depot (there is also an operation that is in the "testing stages").

Any others in the works? If I was any good at the editor I would do some of the Das Reich scenarios that worked so well in another game. The one I really want to see done is one involving the Panther Abteilung <sp?>, the first real combat test of that tank ... smile.gif

[ October 20, 2002, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: vondeath ]

Von Lauchert is not the intial debut of the Panthers, its a scenario simulating battles after Von Lauchert ran most of the Panthers into pak-fronts.

I could make a scenario simulating their intial attacks but it wouldn't be very fun for the German player. A bunch of Panthers stuck in the mud, driving over lots of AT mines, getting shot from both sides and the front by 57mm and 76mm AT guns while the pioneers trying to clear the mines get smashed by concentrated "Stalin's Organs". If thats your idea of a good time I'll get started on it this week.

I'm building a historical one day operation of Prokhorovka that will push CMBB to the breaking point. Its absolutely huge and its a massive armored slug fest.

Trey

Originally posted by vondeath:

There were 2 that came with the game and I was able to download 2 more from the Scenario Depot (there is also an operation that is in the "testing stages").

Any others in the works? If I was any good at the editor I would do some of the Das Reich scenarios that worked so well in another game. The one I really want to see done is one involving the Panther Abteilung <sp?>, the first real combat test of that tank ... smile.gif

Thanks for the info...I apologize, the engagement I was thinking of was in August '43 and it is more 3rd Kharkov than Kursk. It involves Das Reich and it seems to be the most successful debut of the Panther from what I have read so far. smile.gif Here is the text that I found, I could not track the book it's from, it was part of the game briefing...

"On 3 August 1943 the Soviets launched Operation Rumyantsev against Belgorod and in the area of Tomarovka, 40 km to the west. Despite their huge losses at Kursk the Soviet's Voronezh Front assaulted with 53rd Army, 5th Gds Army and 6th Gds Army. In addition, old enemy 5th Gds Tk Army with 503 tanks and 1st Tk Army with 542 were also present.

Das Reich was sent to the Kharkov area from the Mius, as part of III Pz Korps (with 3rd SSPG Div and 3rd Pz Div) under 8th Army. From 5 Aug through 20 August they take part is a series of bitter battles with the Red Army. At the climax of this last battle for Kharkov, Zhukov orders 5th Gds Tk Army to attack to the west of the city and cut the rail line, blocking the main German escape route. On 22 August Rotmistrov's 18 and 24th Tk Corps and 5th Gds Mech Corps attack from positions south of the Udy River towards Lyubotin and Korotich.

Unknown to the Soviets, Das Reich has been assembled in this area with its 80 panzers and some assault guns. Included are 42 Panthers in its newly arrived Panther Abt. By the end of the day 5th Gds Tk Army had lost 184 tanks with only 50 remainng, while Das Reich lost 35 but recovered some of their losses from the field which they held that day. "

[ October 21, 2002, 04:30 AM: Message edited by: vondeath ]