Finding good LOS position

Any one got tips for quickly finding good LOS positions ?? I seem to spend most of my time moving units to "good" positions only to find that once there the LOS is no good - So, off we go again moving from one poor position to another.

I try to get down in the dirt to look around, but this takes forever and I soon get lost. It would be nice if there was a "Terrain" feature that could highlite tops of ridges etc.

Use one of the various gridded grass terrains to help determine elavation. Determining LOS easily just takes a little practice.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

The Last Defense- Mods, Scenarios, and more!

Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

Use one of the various gridded grass terrains to help determine elavation. Determining LOS easily just takes a little practice.

Thanks for your very quick response. I don't understand - what is a gridded grass terrain, where do I find it/turn it on ??

Gridded terrain is available as a download from several sites. If you click at the HTML at the bottom of Gstav 109 it will give links or do a search.

I would like to say how useful it is - it really works and tell you where I downloaded it from but I have so many mod sites in my CMBO folder I cannot remember which it is!!

Happy gaming

I'm not positive, but I think it's on CMHQ. If not, The Last Defense has a links page that lists several sites with mods.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

The Last Defense- Mods, Scenarios, and more!