Operation Design Q's

Using the map editor preview, can you manually place the reinforcements onto the map and then lock thier setup so that they always appear in a certain place with certain units before others, and the player can't change thier deployment?

Is there any way to control reinforcements other than just the marker you get when editing the map(which doesn't seem to appear in operations for some reason).

Also, is there any way to place burning or knocked out vehicles using the map editor? This would work great for scenarios that start with an ambush(first and last tank are already taken out when you start), but there doesn't seem to be any ability to do this that I can find.

Lastly, why can't I use objective flags in operations? It would be very usefull on a map I'm now making to have some kind of reference goals to head for.

[This message has been edited by Pham911 (edited 07-26-2000).]

No, I don't think you can specify exactly where specific reinforcing units will appear; all you get is the marker.

The marker doesn't appear in operations because in operations reinforcments are received "between battles" so are always available for on-map setup.

No way I know of to start vehicles out dead, although if you are building an ambush scenario you might want to have that first shot be part of the game.

I agree that I'd like to see operations with more varied goals than just advance toward the far mapedge -- maybe in CM2.

------------------

Leland J. Tankersley

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pham911:

Using the map editor preview, ... reinforcements ... lock thier setup ... ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, that's "Padlock".

Unfotunately it doesn't allow to just lock a unit as "embarked" to a transport vehicle, while keeping the transport free.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Also, is there any way to place burning or knocked out vehicles using the map editor?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not that I know of. I'd like the option of setting a vehicles status as Bogged, Immobile, ..., as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>This would work great for scenarios that start with an ambush (first and last tank are already taken out when you start), but there doesn't seem to be any ability to do this that I can find.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What you can do is to make the road column "shaken" or something, which would allow the attacker to get a free shot or so...

Hope this helps

Olle