Howard's Hornets-Pix of mine clearing**possible spoiler**

I am playing the excellent scenario Howard's Hornets and seeing some very impressive behavior from my troops (I am the brits in this one)

First, I had an engineer squad with only 1 trooper armed with his rifle and a demo charge charge up to an 88 bunker, throw the charge, and while the charge was in the air, he surrendered to a nearby german squad. When the charge landed, the 88 was no more. I should took screen shots of that one!!

The second instance is when one of my Shermans started to exit the beach, ran into an AT minefield. An engineer squad (with 2 demo's) was riding. The Sherman gets knocked out by a mine. The engineer squad bails, and while running for cover tosses a demo charge and clears the minefield. Unfortunately for a squad that was routing through the AT mines at the same time, as they took casualties from the demo charge.

1.jpg

Sherman approaches minefield (mines yet to be discovered)

2.jpg

Tankers" "Hey! What was that loud noise?! Let's get outta here!"

3.jpg

Sappers: "We're outta here too!! FIRE IN THE HOLE!! FIRE IN THE HOLE!! FIRE IN THE HOLE!!"

(Note demo charge and panicking squad)

4.jpg

Sorry 'bout that!! (note smaller panicking squad)

[ July 10, 2002, 01:41 AM: Message edited by: easy-v ]

Great pics, Easy-V. I've had British engineers do funny but somewhat useful things for me as well!

Recently in a single turn, a crack and veteran British engineer squad take out an 88 pillbox from the rear while taking heavy fire from a StuG 35 meters away, then only to have 2 JagdPanthers crest a mere 50 meters away! Nice job on the 88 boys, now time to withdraw!

-Sarge