Macintosh - Type 2 error on startup of CMBB

Hello everyone. Well, just got my copy of CMBB in the mail and I've already run across an error that has a veteran Macintosh user and troubleshooter (me) stumped!

Specs:

G4/400 Mhz

320 MB of memory

ATI Rage 128 Video Card

10 Gig HD

OS - 9.2.2

First off, I downloaded the demo a while back and never had a single problem - it ran with no problems. On top of that, I've been playing CMBO without a glitch for two years.

So, I just installed CMBB (with base extensions on) and when I click the executable, the screen blanks out for a split second (like it normally would when it boots the program) and right when it would normally start loading the program everything quickly quits and I get the 'ole "type 2 error, please save all work and restart."

Type 2 is usually an extension conflict (what I think it is) or a memory issue.

I ruled out memory when I gave CMBB 200MB (over double what it needs) and got the error again.

I restarted my computer with the base set of extensions (plus OpenPlayLib which came with CMBO - needed to play CMBB) and still got the error - so that's with nothing but the base set of extensions on.

I also downloaded the patch for CMBB and that one gets the same error, too.

So needless to say, that's not encouraging. THe fact I didn't find one other type 2 error on this forum (did find some for the Demo, but nothign too specific) makes me wonder if I'm not missing something very basic.

What I'm going to try next:

1) Reinstall CMBB with all extensions off

2) see if there's a newer version of the OpenPlayLib and try that one.

In the meantime, I'll hope to get a post or an email back from you guys (and girls?) with any helpful hints. Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by Spacewrangler:

Ok - my bad - I didn't realize the install didn't finish (there was no error message) but I didn't free up 1.2 Gigs on my hard drive, so the install just quit haflway.

Worth noting!

Interesting that when I read the specs in your first post my thought was, "Gee, that's kind of a small HD for these days." Maybe I should put up my shingle as a psychic!

smile.gif

Michael