German Infantry in the Closed Defense

I just submitted a scenario to the Scenario Depot that should have a map excellent for this type of defense. The defensive setup provided by me was a little hasty in construction and units are not completely in place, but hopefully the map will work. If you're interested go to the Scenario Depot and pick up "ThreeBrothers". (The Three Brothers are three hills behind which the defense will rest.) It's in the scenario section as I purchased units for it.

Pete

newlife,

I had fun with that scenario, applying some of the things from the earlier part of this thread. I'd never used wire before - now I'm a beliver. I moved most of the line back, giving the first ridge line away, but defending the second heavily from the reverse slope. I brought the AP mines in, almost to the barrels of my troops. I use Zooks as sort of 'tank snipers' and early warning devices, so I had them well forward along obvious paths of entry for armor, and well hidden. I also, after studying the map and flag placement, moved a lot of defenders from the left flank to use other places. I know those German AI commanders, and was willing to bet they'd come center and center right. I did well, final score 17 to 77, with a greater than 5 to 1 KIA ratio in my favor. Thanks for the great map.

rlh1138,

Thanks for the feedback. I had contemplated moving the defense back, but thought that might make it a little too suceptable to atry. Plus, you would need to do something about the attacker coming along the map edges.

If you are defending versus the AI it would be best to let the AI setup the attacking units on it's own, and give it some boost in experience or units.

I generally make my 2 player scenarios with troops layed out in an easy way for each player to identify what they have and let them place units themselves, at least for the attacker.

I'm still not sure if this scenario is balanced or not for 2 player. I'll keep doing some testing, and if anyone wishes to try it out and let me know, I'ld appreciate it.

Thanks

Pete