CMBB demo - we weren't worth it

Situation :

The demo of the game that all of us have been waiting for three(ish) years has arrived. Three LONG years in the making, and now we have the demo, and the final release for some (lucky) bastards is Sep 20th. Hurrah, eh ?

Not. I cannot understand all this whining and bitching about the demo. Citadel and Yelnia are both perfectly good scenarios in a way. In Yelnia it's cool to see how different it really is to fight usin infantry, and on the other hand how terrible the mg's are. In one fight my 3 mg's got 60 kills all in all ! :eek:

Also the Citadel has proved to be great fun in tcp ; I was the Soviets and my mate had no idea where the next atg/atr/tank-hunter would spring from ! Huge map, and great fun ! :D

Even if I should be the only one of the 10 000 members in BF.c , I still claim that the demo was superb, and I'll very much be expecting the final release. After that, I could possibly sell my cmbo away ; at that stage I have no use for it...

Well, here's my Member #9222 opinion for what its worth. I think most people out there (myself included) have found the demo to be good. The most noted criticism is that the demo senarios are simply not as "replayable" as CMBO's.

In any case, everybody's a critic and when you have so many people waiting so long for something with baited anticipation, they are bound to find flaws when presented with the real deal. I think there is nothing you can do to stop it.

No matter though. I'd bet a good portion of the critics are still planning on shelling out the dough for the full version.

Originally posted by pavlov:

everybody's a critic and when you have so many people waiting so long for something with baited anticipation, they are bound to find flaws when presented with the real deal.

The criticism isn't of the demo, but the scenarios included to showcase the game. That's the point. People are confusing constructive criticism with "whining" for some reason.

I think some people overlooked something very obvious, and were operating on one major perceptive fault; They were compaing the experience with the gold CMBO demo. Now, when we got the BO demo, it was brand new..No one could have been playing CM for more than 4 months or so, with the Beta demo. Now, when BB has rolled around, we've been playing CM for about two years.

It's not going to have the same 'effect' if that's what you're looking for (and why in the heck would you?)So, it gets blamed on the scenarios, etc..

I've been thrilled with it..It's fixed all the things that I didn't like about CMBO, and added tons more. It's a pleasure to play.

[ September 09, 2002, 01:06 AM: Message edited by: mch ]