CM-UTDB : TIGER!!

As some of you may already be aware - i am trying to put together an online, web-based dossier, detailing the strength's and weaknesses of the units that can be found in CMBO. These notes will be published on the COMBAT MISSIONS website, in the hope that others may learn from our mistakes and successes.

Having started off with the Wespe and M8 (thanks to those who who gave some feedback on them), i would now like you to switch your attention to the Pz VIE - 'TIGER'.

What tactics do you use on the CM battlefield with the Tiger?... Does it live up to it's fearsome reputation?...Does it 'purr' or 'growl'?.

Your thoughts, observations and tactical usage of this vehicle, would once again, be much appreciated!.

Remember, you can always add to the research already collected on each unit by visiting the COMBAT MISSIONS website and sending in your info.

The more feedback people are willing to share, the more useful it will be to ALL of us!.

TIA.

------------------

COMBAT MISSIONS - CM News, Supplies & Resources

WWW.COMBATMISSIONS.CO.UK

[This message has been edited by Manx (edited 01-03-2001).]

Hey Manx, I have to thank you for creating this opportunity to comment on CM's different units, I must say I'm enjoying it smile.gif

Tiger-Pz VIE

Use

Anti-Tank and Infantry support

Pros

A good price/performance cost for QBs, excellent ammo loadout, excellent all round armour and survivability, 88 has good HE blast and AP penetration, versatile.

Cons

A very slow turret, average speed, mid-high ground pressure, aura of the Tiger's 88 being an accurate long range weapon doesn't always pan out successfully, allergic to British 17pnder.

The Tiger is definitely a unit worth getting, best used at stand-off ranges to minimize it's major weakness of a slow turret traverse. Depending on the situation, I will readily use it in the van of an armour attack, in an overwatch position or supporting an infantry assault.

One game I had a Tiger in a HD overwatch position when a Firefly revealed itself on the flank about 400m away by bouncing a shot off the Tiger's side turret. The Firefly's next shot ricochetted off the front turret. The Tiger finally brought it's turret around and fired once, missing, before the Firefly's third shot penetrated and KO'd the Tiger.

Another game a HD Tiger duelled a M36 Jackson at around 700m. The Tiger survived 5 hits to it's turret before hitting the Jackson on it's sixth shot and dispatching it.