Flame Retardant buildings

i was playing a game against my erstwhile email oppenent, me being allies, and him axis.

town assault, he steams his PZFlamme III in(and i saw the passengers by the way ;) , and starts toasting buldings (as you would)

BUT

the building doesnt catch fire, after 3 rounds of toasting ?

does anyone know why ?

Originally posted by Jonny Hun:

i was playing a game against my erstwhile email oppenent, me being allies, and him axis.

town assault, he steams his PZFlamme III in(and i saw the passengers by the way ;) , and starts toasting buldings (as you would)

BUT

the building doesnt catch fire, after 3 rounds of toasting ?

does anyone know why ?

Because the application of even a full minute or two of quick burning petroleum isn't always enough to torch an entire structure, even if it starts up small, local fires that die out before they can achieve anything memorable?

Or perhaps because the point of a flame weapon wasn't always necessarily to set something on fire, so much as to exhaust the oxygen from an area, killing crew or infantry?

Or perhaps the perception that despite the glorious 'burst of incredible flame', a building tile graphic is still a bit of an abstraction, and the burst of flame is still a bit of an abstraction, and that the two, when juxtaposed, aren't quite like the results in a cartoon?

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Because the application of even a full minute or two of quick burning petroleum isn't always enough to torch an entire structure, even if it starts up small, local fires that die out before they can achieve anything memorable?

Or perhaps because the point of a flame weapon wasn't always necessarily to set something on fire, so much as to exhaust the oxygen from an area, killing crew or infantry?

Or perhaps the perception that despite the glorious 'burst of incredible flame', a building tile graphic is still a bit of an abstraction, and the burst of flame is still a bit of an abstraction, and that the two, when juxtaposed, aren't quite like the results in a cartoon?

Ah see yoo Seanachai! Ye're a stinkin' grog!!!

Naixt ye'll bae ainvitin' tha bugger haim!!

Originally posted by OGSF:

Ah see yoo Seanachai! Ye're a stinkin' grog!!!

Naixt ye'll bae ainvitin' tha bugger haim!!

Not this one, I'm afraid. Bugger, I knew the answers I gave him even before I'd hung out here for a while, and absorbed a vast amount of collective wisdom.

As well as idiocy. It adds spice to the wisdom.