Demo pbem question

If I figured this right at some of the CM sites you can dl replays of turns and install them with pbem or something.

I installed pbem and have the CM demo. But I can't get the files to show up. If this isn't difficult and wouldn't take too long...(and if indeed it's possible) is there a way to watch replays from other players with CMBO or CMBB demo's?

And if so...how would one go about doing it? I'm very close to purchasing CMBO after playing with the demo for over 8 months. Think I'll go with BO because I would want to play with the Americans especially after 9/11.

Thanks for all your time and consideration.

Fantastic game.

Originally posted by skunkle:

If I figured this right at some of the CM sites you can dl replays of turns and install them with pbem or something.

I installed pbem and have the CM demo. But I can't get the files to show up. If this isn't difficult and wouldn't take too long...(and if indeed it's possible) is there a way to watch replays from other players with CMBO or CMBB demo's?

And if so...how would one go about doing it? I'm very close to purchasing CMBO after playing with the demo for over 8 months. Think I'll go with BO because I would want to play with the Americans especially after 9/11.

Thanks for all your time and consideration.

Fantastic game.

If a player has posted a movie turn from a PBEM (play by e-mail) game, then you would need to download the file and drop it into your PBEM folder. You'll also need the player's password to get the turn to play. That should be available on the site.

HOWEVER, (caps for emphasis not screaming), since you are on the demo version, you do not have the full game engine and all the bells and whistles that go with it. It has been a long time since I had the demo and I may be mistaken on this, but I don't think you'll be able to play game files from the full game using the demo.

You won't be able to watch CM:BB files on CM:BO because of the changes to the game engine and all the units, buildings, terrain, etc. is different.

CM:BO is a magnificent game. CM:BB has some very impressive changes and improvements that make the game and your tactics even more "real." You can get both bundled in one package for a nominal fee.

Some players won't go back to CM:BO because of the changes, but there are a large number, myself included, who are playing both and will continue to do so.

Get the games, you'll be glad you did ... although your family, friends and associates will wonder if you fell off the face of the earth.