Premature shots

Can anyboby say me if its possible to suppress fire from my own squads? I experienced often that if i want to bring my troops in position und then launch a coordinated surprise attack. But the guys give their positions away too early by shooting at the unsuspecting enemy.

Or is this simulated psychology?

------------------

Ron

No pain, no game!

Guest Scott Clinton

Using the "HIDE" and "AMBUSH" commands helps but their effectiveness depends on the exper. level and morale state of your troops.

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

Guest ACTOR

Damn I hate those premature shots wink.gif As I have gotten older and wiser, it seems to happen less and less...kinda like the troops in CM. The more experience the less likely to shoot prematurely.

Priest, I put the answer first and the sarcastic comment second. Yes, it's simulated psychology, in CM, the greener the unit the more likely they are to fire on an enemy when he comes into range. I've had green units fire at 200m despite a hiding order. I've had crack units hold their fire until the enemy was within 10 meters, cutting lose and slaughtering an entire american airborne squad within seconds (at La Fiere, one advance unit in the little house on the other side of the street, wasn't even in command radius, but sure had nerves of steel. Survived the entire battle, too, 2 losses, vs AI though).

apex