Dig - In and Buildings and Rubble or SomeFink ?

Voxman

Hello BTS or BFC or CM or KFC smile.gif

Question: When I use the "Dig-In" in buildings and rubble does this lessen the chances of being seen and/or shot.

In addition, could you create a window on the control panel confirming a unit is using "Dig-In" it is difficult to tell in rubble and a building as there is no foxhole created.

As always, comments welcome!

Cordially,

Voxman

Disagree, the men definitely move down when the "Dig-In" command is given. Based on that I must assume they have achieved a better position than no using the "Dig-In" command.

Cameroon, before you answer a question, you should at lease try the command yourself.

Originally posted by Cameroon:

There's no foxhole because troops can only dig-in where they can dig a foxhole smile.gif

So that should answer your question. Dig-in has no effect unless you can dig a foxhole.

Voxman, I don't think Cameroon is mistaken. True the units move when you give them the command, but when you click on them after the set-up phase is over, the terrain window does not say that they are in foxholes.

One sure way to test this would be to set up a hot seat game with yourself playing both sides. Have two buildings with the units of one side in them. Give one unit the Dig In command. Then place a unit from the other side where it can spot both units. Then see if there is any difference in the amount of exposure between the two units in buildings.

BTW, I notice that units in rough terrain are also unable to dig foxholes. I haven't looked to see whether you can place trenches in it though.

Michael

Originally posted by Voxman:

Disagree, the men definitely move down when the "Dig-In" command is given. Based on that I must assume they have achieved a better position than no using the "Dig-In" command.

Cameroon, before you answer a question, you should at lease try the command yourself.

I take some exception to that. I have played CM for quite some time and I've been playing BB every day for hours since I got it. I've played Attacks, Defenses and MEs and a number of the scenarios. I've won most of them. I've built and designed some QB maps to play on. I'm familiar with the commands.

During setup you can also tell troops to hide, and then place them on a tank or inside a halftrack (at least in BO, I have not looked to see if that has been "fixed" in BB). They are not "hiding" there, even though the graphic shows that it is and the units info will say hiding. It's a minor glitch.

If you can dig-in in rubble, etc then I'm mistaken, certainly and will have learned something new. However, neither the manual nor gameplay indicate that they are dug in unless they've got foxholes. The manual states for Dig-In "Units (including vehicles if allowed by the scenario designer) may start the game "dug-in" (i.e. in foxholes) or not." Which does imply that only foxholes count as dug-in.

In an effor to be fair, I placed two rubbled houses and took two HQ units. I placed one in each, turned off fog of war and started a "hot seat" game.

Both the defender and the attacker, sitting in their respective rubbled houses, have a 20% exposure. So, as I said, you cannot "dig in" in rubble ect.