Change an Operation to Battle?

I tried my hand at creating a scenario for the first time, but apparently made a critical error at the start of the process -- I chose "operation" instead of "battle." Naturally, I didn't understand the gravity of this choice until the map was tuned to my satisfaction and I'd turned my attention to choosing units. Doh! What I'm wondering now is, can I convert an operation to a battle and rescue all my painstaking work on the map? -- IJF :confused:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ignatious J. Fathead:

I tried my hand at creating a scenario for the first time, but apparently made a critical error at the start of the process -- I chose "operation" instead of "battle." Naturally, I didn't understand the gravity of this choice until the map was tuned to my satisfaction and I'd turned my attention to choosing units. Doh! What I'm wondering now is, can I convert an operation to a battle and rescue all my painstaking work on the map? -- IJF :confused:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ignatious J. Fathead:

I tried my hand at creating a scenario for the first time, but apparently made a critical error at the start of the process -- I chose "operation" instead of "battle." Naturally, I didn't understand the gravity of this choice until the map was tuned to my satisfaction and I'd turned my attention to choosing units. Doh! What I'm wondering now is, can I convert an operation to a battle and rescue all my painstaking work on the map? -- IJF :confused:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi, changing an operation map to a battle map is not possible it will have to be redrawn. I did what you did once and had to print out the map using a program like capture eze and then redo the whole thing from the print outs

NO NO NO! Dont listen to them!! I know how to...ok go into your CMBO directory, and find the saved games folder (Or where ever your scenario is) go to the scenario and click rename...a BAttle looks like this: NAMEOFSCENARIO.cmb click rename and change it to NAMEOFSCENARIO.cmc and it works!! I have done it when I convert scenarios into Ops it works great but reinforcements etc. will be screwed but that can be fixed!!!

-Fieldmarshall

I already tried changing the file extention -- it did not work. Maybe you can change a "battle" to an "operation" that way, but not the other way 'round, or maybe this only works on Windows and not the Mac or some such thing. I wonder if somebody at battlefront would address this as a technical question -- obviously it has to do with the innards of CM. Thanks -- IJF