Arnhem Operational Funny Business

I picked the Arnhem op as my first one. Seems to be some issue with the setup when new battles start. I was was playing the Germans and initally had two setup zones; one black and one green. Some units I could place, others not. Some of units I couldn't place had the "Place" command available but everywhere I tried to place them got a red line.

In subsequent battles from this op, I continued to get both a black and green setup zone. reinforcements setup freely in the green zone while those already in the fight could not be moved. The manual specifically states that units can be placed again for each battle in the operation. this didn't happen. I had units setup in the street because they were running when the battle stopped.

The biggest goof was the setup for Battle 6. A signficant portion of my force, 1 StuG, 1 HT, and two platoons of infantry started out back on the south side of the river, but their default positions were the same relative to each other in facing and distance. Instead of being in the northeast corner of the map they were on the south bank of the river. This put them in the green setup zone. I was able to set them up at the southern end of the bridge and move them all back across to the north side.

All the units in the northwestern quadrant kept their final position at the end of battle 5.

I have two save game files from this game. The autosave is there too, but I finished the op.

I replayed from the save point. I had thought maybe, just maybe my units were sent back to the southside of the river because I had destroyed all the Brits in the Northeast part of the map. After I finished the battle the first time and clicked on Map it showed two infantry units just sitting over there. In the second replay, tose units stayed put the whole time and I noticed somehting else. My units in the banished group had not been resupplied. The StuG had no MG ammo.

Guest Big Time Software

There are some bugs in the setup of units between operations, and these have been fixed in the upcoming v1.03 patch.

Charles