My Vehicles Wont Move !!! Scenario Question

I am working on a scenario, and something very odd happened.After my first play test I went back to the map to see what condition the AI's forces were in.To my surprise I found two Trucks at the set up stage with embarked squads unmoved..and not bogged down or immobile. I also found 2 Shermans only a few tiles away ,again unmoved and showing no signs of damage. I won the scenario but these extra forces would most likely have changed things dramatically. I dont understand why the AI didnt use these units.When I create scenarios I usually embark my troops because I feel it looks better and is more realistic.Could this throw off the AI when it starts the game. Any answers to this would be appreciated.

Increasing aggressiveness for the US players in the editor might help. Placing them a little closer to the action might help too. And make sure they have a way to get to the battle without too great a difficulty. If they are accidentally boxed in with heavy foliage, they might be unable to get to the fight. Just a few ideas to help you, Panzer Man.

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

Yes I recently had the same problem.

It was solved by moving the units nearer to the action. Even if they see some gun fire

they tend to wake up and like all good soldiers move the sound of the guns.

This experience led me to re-think adding

waypoints to the editor which the AI follows

when the game starts.

- Kinch

Wild Bill' Raiders

Boots-n-Tracks Team

Thanks,,I think you nailed it on the head...I removed trees and brush...no luck,,I relocated the Setup zones closer to the action and voila!..Within 2 moves the AI was reacting ! I believe way points would also be

an excellent choice (like steel panthers allowed you to use).Now that I am creating scenarios I want to be sure that all the AI's units are being used,otherwise why bother to purchase them.I hope all scenario designers keep this in mind,I know of a few scenarios that have very large boards and I really wonder now if the AI was utilizing all its troops.

A few AI Tank Commanders hanging out in the back of the board eating cheese and sipping wine can really affect the outcome if the game.