Flak Vehicles, stop firing at ~780 meters?

I decided, after the recent talk about AA, do some testing. I set up an entirely open field, 4 planes vs 4 flak guns or flak trucks. Planes were spotted about 1800 meters out and fired upon as soon as the guns could track. Soviet planes (of all types) and German AA.

However, while the flak guns would continue firing as long as they could (basically until the planes flew over), the flak trucks would stop firing when the planes got to about 780 meters. That is about when the planes start the final leg of their attack run.

I bring this question up soley to learn if that is what I should be expecting from Flak trucks. If it is, then I wouldn't ever bother buying them myself. I believe, out of probably 8 tests or so with trucks, they killed 1 plane and always lost every truck. Conversly, the Quad 20mm guns would often get through with better than 3 or more (of 4) guns left and all the planes shot down.

[Edit]

I just thought I should make clear that either trucks or guns were on the field, not both at the same time.

[ October 02, 2002, 06:40 PM: Message edited by: Cameroon ]