CM guide?

Hi

I greatly appreciate all the many great tips and techniques found on the CM boards. I was wondering if there are any comprehensive stratgey guides to CM?

I know there are guides to various topics such as battalion defence and armor attack. I was wondering if anyone has made a complete(or nearly complete) guide that gives detailed information of the many facets of CM.

I'm guessing not, since it would seem an almost impossible task to do, but I'm hoping I'm wrong smile.gif

------------------

I hope i haven't brained my damage!

-Homer Simpson

I had a series of articles called Combat Mission Boot Camp that covered some of the main topics. The site they were posted on, Combat Missions, is temporarily gone, though. My articles are being revised and will appear again there or elsewhere. I'll make a post here when that happens. Hopefully they'll be useful to you.

------------------

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

There is really no comprehensive guide (although Gremlin's stuff is great and an excellent place to start). Part of the depth of this game is that there are many ways to approach it. There are some basic lessons like how to take advantage of headquarters units and how to move a tank to a hull down position. But the advanced lessons are vast and sometimes are a function of the player's own style. I think I have read everything regarding tactics on CM sites and it all builds together. After reading theory, read through the After Action reports on CMHQ. If I could just figure out how to implement it effectively against an unpredictable human opponent. Good luck!

------------------

"Act after having made assessments. The one who first knows the measures of far and near wins - this the rule of armed struggle." Sun Tzu - The Art of War