I was hoping for a report on the crossing of the Waal River by Julius Cook's battalion in the capture of the bridge at Nijmegen.

Has anyone tried that one? It is a little different and I found it kind of hard, but that could be my playing of the battle.

If you're looking for a change of pace, this is definitely it.

And Market Garden is well represented in these scenarios, Arnhem (operation), Nijmegen, Zon (near Eindhoven) and the Guards Advance up the highway.

So that is at least four on Market Garden. It seems to be a start. Of course, you can add more wink.gif

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester/Designer

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

ok, I'll try it when ah gits back from the firewerks...

*pathy looks frantically for his rubber ducky, cause he prolly gonna swim!*

------------------

unca pathy will show ya the path,

if only he could find it himself!

[This message has been edited by pathfinder (edited 07-04-2000).]

SPOILER*******************************

ss

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

--

-

-

-

-

WOW...glub glub...

hehe....the crossing was bad enuf but all those &*(^%$ pillboxes. worse that VoT!! IMHO...

managed a draw...

If had had just a little more left over I coulda got that darn 75 mm pill box on the German side...*sigh*...

darn good scenario...

if I had had an FO or two more......

but then I don't think they had a whole buncha arty except the pack 75 mm (us Airborne anyways)...

oh well, it is done....and now ah goes ta sleep...maybe..

------------------

unca pathy will show ya the path,

if only he could find it himself!

[This message has been edited by pathfinder (edited 07-05-2000).]

I have played this one once, and it's a nail-biter watching those paras paddle across as their numbers dwindle. Finally won the day, though, took the bridge and the approaches.

*SPOILER*

What a thrill it was to finally roll a Sherman across the bridge; the still-surviving 75mm pillbox was shrouded in smoke, the Sherman dodged a Schreck shot or three, swung around behind the pillbox, and then popped the rear door of the pillbox. Meanwhile the Sextons were taking out the remaining MGs on the other side of the river. Lost a lot of paras and a whole bunch of tanks, but XXX corps can roll!

[This message has been edited by RudeLover (edited 07-05-2000).]

It does give you a special feeling to cross that bridge, doesn't it RL?

That is victory, no matter what the final screen says, at least for you and me.

Mannheim, I was never able to PBEM the scenario. I'd be very interested in the results, if you don't mind.

Thanks, Gentlemen. I went and cranked it back up again this morning myself. I'm doing okay, like RL, it's pretty bloody!

No more, lest it become a spoiler.

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester/Designer

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

Yeah, there are times that playing this game actually does feel like watching a really gripping movie, and that mad dash across the bridge was one of them. What a cost, though. I think in the end I had a 60-40 minor victory (by the skin of my teeth).

**SPOILER**

BTW, the air support showed up but was not decisive. Knocked out a pesky howitzer h-track by strafing and scared the bejeesus out of me and several of my men by hitting the no-man's land betewen me and the Germans with two big bombs, smashing buildings but not really causing many casualites. I nearly jumped out of my chair, though (playing with sound off, I didn't know the Jabo was near until the big boom!).

Thanks for this scenario and all the others. You designers and testers have really complemented an excellent game.