Best GF4 settings for CMBO?

Greetings,

I had been playing CMBO on a Matrox G400 MAX under Win98 SE.

I have just switched to a Geforce4 Ti 4600 under WinXP Pro.

I noticed the my CMBO graphics appear to be sparkling a bit when I rotate the scene. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what are the best GF4 options to set for playing CMBO.

Thanks!

[ August 03, 2002, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: markshot ]

Mein Gott, a fellow EAW Airdale. S! Markshot. I've read Shoot To Kill, wonderful document. Increased my kill ratio and kept me alive on many an occasion. Good to meet up with you on the ground. (Which is better than seeing you in my six). ;)

JG11

Well yeah, I had the same effect with the trees. It's the mipmap detail I believe that is causing the sparkles, best image quality was just too sharp on a Ti4600. Raising the antialias to 4xS and lowering the mipmap a tad to "high" image quality seemed to offset each other nicely and got rid of the twinkling trees on my system using a PIII 733mhz Coppermine, Win98SE. Oh, by the way. Many say it ain't worth it, but if you have the CPU for it, I get an appreciable increase in video quality using a 32 bit desktop setting on 1024x768 with CM.

[ August 03, 2002, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: Bruno Weiss ]

Mr. Die Easy,

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I have been battling with my new Geforce3 and 19inch ever since I got them. On my old setup the graphis were fine but on the new comp the "tree shimmy" was giving me fits. Downloaded RivaTuner and it looks great. Thanks again.

Thumpre