Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

A MODer's plea

Ok, someone out there HAS to have an old splinter-pattern Zeltbahn and a flatbed scanner. If you are that person, or if you just happen to have a good, flat, picture of a big swatch of splinter pattern cloth, then I am your new best friend.

Well, maybe not--best friends usually want to borrow money or power tools. You'll actually be just an acquaintance to whom I will dedicate an all-new MOD in this very public forum. Perhaps this will be the basis for many a future CMBB MOD. The only other reward I can give you is the assurance that you will bask in the admiration of many MODsluts. It is a benefit, nay a blessing, that few get, and I am willing to share it with you, lucky person, all for a picture of some crummy old camouflage cloth.

If I've been verbose, then please blame it on the half-bottle of Coppola Rosso I found in the back of the refrigerator this evening. :D

Originally posted by AndrewTF:

Ok, someone out there HAS to have an old splinter-pattern Zeltbahn and a flatbed scanner. If you are that person, or if you just happen to have a good, flat, picture of a big swatch of splinter pattern cloth, then I am your new best friend.

Well, maybe not--best friends usually want to borrow money or power tools. You'll actually be just an acquaintance to whom I will dedicate an all-new MOD in this very public forum. Perhaps this will be the basis for many a future CMBB MOD. The only other reward I can give you is the assurance that you will bask in the admiration of many MODsluts. It is a benefit, nay a blessing, that few get, and I am willing to share it with you, lucky person, all for a picture of some crummy old camouflage cloth.

If I've been verbose, then please blame it on the half-bottle of Coppola Rosso I found in the back of the refrigerator this evening. :D

I sold my zeltbahn years ago, but have some good scans from ebay auctions showing the pattern. You might check ebay.de or ebay.com to see if any are up for bids. What exactly are you looking for - overall pattern, or a close up of the details?

Originally posted by AndrewTF:

Christ, Modders!

How many times can you just look away?

It's like some sort of horrible cross between a pan-handling drunk and a self-admitted sex addicted fetishist.

We have a huge Treatment Industry in this State for people who aren't as pitiable as the average CM Modder...

For the other people (like me) who are wondering that what the heck is Zeltbahn, please see following site:http://members.shaw.ca/deutschesoldaten/zeltbahn.htm

I wonder if it was usable to create such pattern with some vector illustration program (like Illustrator) and then use images on www (like this) to fill the pattern areas? Doesn't seem to be too hard to do, especially if scanned pattern isn't available.

Hmmm, I found yet another page. Maybe you want to e-mail the creator of this page: http://www.euronet.nl/~idi_bark/gi_joe/70009_Zeltbahn_31.htm.

Yet more images with closeups of woving etc. is in Google image page (hopefully this link works).

/kuma