Ok, BTS, tell me the full game movies are in the code and working?!?

I'm ready to start the pre-order party...as soon as I have word about full game, continuous movies! This is my most anticipated feature (after the "move to contact" order, I suppose).

Has it happened yet? Or is it still "important"? Or what's the deal?

Bone please!

Binkie, Im pretty sure I answered this in the last thread you asked about it some time back. Unfortunately no, it didnt make it in as it required a lot of coding time to get right and we decided to spend this coding time in areas more important to gameplay. We will certainally be keeping it in mind for the rewrite though.

Dan

[ August 06, 2002, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: KwazyDog ]

Hehe, well sorry to bug you again. All I remember was Moon saying that it wasn't in yet, I didn't see a post from you. I also checked the FAQ first but they still have the old "important" answer down, so now that can be updated.

Thanks for your time, Kwazy! I am deeply disappointed about this and feel you guys are missing out on a big selling point to the less groggy of us out there. But I suspect I will still be forking my money over next month ;)

That is a real shame. I have to agree with Binkie that you guys are missing out on a real selling point. I know that particular feature was going to be a big selling point for me and I am really disappointed that we are going to have to wait probably another 2 years (the re-write and next game) before we have the ability to save a movie of the entire Battle :( .

[ August 07, 2002, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: HumanTarget ]

Originally posted by Gpig:

Chill out, dudes.

This game has all the selling features it needs.

smile.gif

Gpig

Yes, I agree. The BFC gentlemen previously explained in detail why full movie functionality would not be included in CMBB; along with the balancing of development time that such an endeavor would take versus the other features added to the executable modules.

Time is limited for design and development, and I think many individuals would rather have some of the enhancements that have been seen in the beta sneak-previews versus the capability to have full movie playback. So, here's to:

Enhanced MG and artillery functionality

Armored command

Single-man turret limitations

Non-gamey flakgun halftracks

Wind effects on smoke

Spreading fires

Capability to load QB maps

Trenches

Extreme fog-of-war

Death clock

Health/fitness

Rarity factors

etc....

Dont worry guys, we agree it would have been nice to have too, but there were just more important things to get right. Scratch 2 or 3 things of Zitadelle's list and we could have done it, but any of those are much more important in our thoughts as CM is, at heart, a wargame. smile.gif

Dan

[ August 07, 2002, 05:24 PM: Message edited by: KwazyDog ]