Wierd mouse thingie

I've run CMAK and CMBB for years without a problem. But now, the mouse freezes when I boot the game. I can get around this "freeze" problem by dropping out of the window and then going back into the game (ALT + Tab) but when I get back into the game I have the following problems:

1. If I have highlighted a unit the picture of the unit in the information window on the bottom the screen flashes rapidly, like a strobe.

2. If I have not highlighted a unit the morale/victory window on the left/bottom of the screen flashes rapidly, like a strobe.

3. No matter what is highlighted, the mouse arrow will not display unless I move it. That is, if the mouse is stationary, no mouse arrow is displayed.

4. I am experiencing the same thing in both programs, run on two different computers.

5. I seem to have the "no mouse move no mouse displayed" problem in some other games I run, but in several other programs (this internet crawler for instance) the mouse displays just fine.

So I am stumped. I would think somehow my video driver got set wonky somehow, but as noted I am experiencing the same problem on two different computers running the same programs.

:confused: