Can't Save Games

I just received the full version. After playing a Quick Battle and then trying some other scenarios.. found I can't save them. My save file remains empty. I do not have cap lock on and am prompted to save after I hit alt-s.

I had no probs with saving games in the demo.

Help appreciated!

Guest Big Time Software

Be sure you're playing the Combat Mission application on your hard drive, and not through a "short cut" to the application on the CD-ROM.

Charles

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

Be sure you're playing the Combat Mission application on your hard drive, and not through a "short cut" to the application on the CD-ROM.

Charles<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Charles...

I seem to have fixed the problem although I'm not quite sure how I did it... but I'm now able to save games as usual.

I did exactly the same thing (ran the game game of the CD Rom). Unfortunately, I couldn't find this thread using search.

For some reason your installation process made it easy to create a short cut to the CD-ROM.

So for anybody else having trouble with loading or saving games this fix works.

It seems to me that since I was trying to save the game to a CD-ROM that you should have some error routine, catching this since

the save was not completely successfully.

[This message has been edited by cpurkiser (edited 07-16-2000).]