operation design info needed...please

I know I've seen some threads on this topic but I cannot find them and a search isn't doing much either.

Trying to have an operation with a two pronged Axis attack on an allied held village. I have the two Axis groups 500 meters apart and when I start the game one axis group always tries to reach the other before advancing.

Does a certain parameter work better to get the TacAI to advance?

Using the assualt parameter is most relevant to the operation but I have tried others in hopes of getting a decent AI advance. The map is 880m wide so I can't move them much farther away?

Any thoughts?

thanks,

Otto

Good suggestion...but I would have to eliminate too many fun things....day and night fighting, different reinforcement schedule for axis and allies..etc

I love Wild Bills Team DeSorby and how the initial attack comes from 3 directions. I checked out his map and parameters and I don't see why his units seem to attack forward while in my operation they group together.

I even gave them perfect dirt roads smile.gif

AI loves roads for vehicles, but avoids them like hell for infantry. Place two lines of woods forward towards the objectives and you'll get the two pronged attack most likely. Mind you, though, for the second battle the front line will merge most likely anyway...