Aerial arty???

I was playing the Ramelle scenerio by WIld Bill (kudos to you, btw) and halfway through the scenerio, much to my surprise, heard a low flying aircraft approaching and then saw a speeding shadow fly right by followed by explosions everyewhere... Of course I was hootin n hollerin with excitement.. The angels on our shoulders had arrived (miraculously, none of the closeby explosions even touched our troops). I was wondering if this was an added bonus in the scenerio editor?? is it just a chance bonus to get air support or can you actually select it in certain circumstances??? im very curious..

Zaff'

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Von Brizee:

My fighter bomber killed Private Ryan in that scenario. What a bastard.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, it happen to me on the last turn after I'd cleaned up most the jerry armour. Friendly fire at its worst.

Ron.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Von Brizee:

My fighter bomber killed Private Ryan in that scenario. What a bastard.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got the exact same situation as in the movie. The building Ryan is hiding in was this "" close to being blasted by the Tiger, when BOOM! the bomb hits the top of its turret. Scared the crap out of me because I never heard the plane's engine, and I was zoomed in to ground level right next to the tank. I thought the monitor would never stop wobbling! Second bomb flattened a building that 3 German squads were hiding in. biggrin.gif

------------------

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that...

-HAL 9000, 2001

[This message has been edited by jabberwock (edited 08-01-2000).]