A minor suggestion for the Scenario Depot

First, the latest enhancements to the Scenario Depot work really well and I commend the owners of the site.

However, I have an idea for improving the front-end interface for scenarios and battles. In the scenario listings are both scenarios found on the CMBB disk and custom scenarios. However, through the list it is nearly impossible to tell the difference. I find a scenario that I would be interested in downloading and only after I open the selection do I find that it is already on the disk. Really I only want to visit the site for custom scenarios and then review the hard work of others- I already have the scenarios on the disk....

How about adding an additional column to the scenario/operation table for either 'custom' or 'on disk' scenarios? Or, a simple icon (such as a disk) added in either the 'Scenario Name' or 'Type' for scenarios that are enclosed in the baseline version of CMBB.

Just my thoughts- thanks.

Zitadelle,

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. It is the scenario authors, as well as the players who come back to review scenarios, who deserve high praise for their efforts in making The Scenario Depot a valuable Combat Mission resource. Credit also goes to Tom (Bigdog), Craig (Harv), and Paul for contributing countless hours to the improvement of the site.

Good suggestion, and actually a fairly easy one to implement.

I can display a CD graphic next to the name of the scenario on the CMBO or CMBB index page, similar to the Preview or AAR graphics. Another column would start to make the index page too wide, causing information to run off the right side of the page.

Look forward to this enhancement in a couple of days.

Thanks for the reply Admiral Keth, and I will be looking forward to the enhancement. Hope I'm not being too much of a pain in the ass for the suggestion-

"mutter, mutter.... Great now someone I don't even know is making suggestions about my website. Thanks to him, I am looking at 20+ hours of work in the middle of the nights...."

Great work by you, BigDog, and all the contributors to the Scenario Depot. Everyone has done a great job offering their work. Now, I need to get in there and review some CMBO/CMBB scenarios.

And, according to your profile, you brew your own beer? Being a beer snob (or is that grog?), I am interested in knowing what are your specialities.\

[ October 29, 2002, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: Zitadelle ]

Originally posted by Zitadelle:

And, according to your profile, you brew your own beer? Being a beer snob (or is that grog?), I am interested in knowing what are your specialities.\

Pulls up chair Ahh, so glad you asked...

My selection of homebrews include:

Old T-34 Motor Oil (Russian Imperial Stout)

I started brewing this about 4 years ago and have been tweaking it ever since. Aged six+ months. Incredible depth of character and amazingly smooth. It is my speciality, and at 12.5% ABV, packs quite a whallop.

Fulminator (Dopplebock)

Another favorite of mine, but not quite right yet. A mere 9% ABV.

Sopwith Tripplane Belgian Trippel

Aged for over a year this baby is sublime. 10% ABV.

Claymore 90-schilling Wee Heavy Scotch Ale

Aged six months, 1 pint will last an evening. A paltry 7.5% ABV.

Hawker Hurricane Tadcaster Porter

"Not any old porter in a storm"

A favorite session beer of me and my friends. 6.5% ABV.

I'm also experimenting with a dry Irish stout and a Cherry Wheat, but they are nowhere near perfection yet.

Any other homebrewers out there?

[ October 29, 2002, 11:20 PM: Message edited by: Admiral Keth ]

Originally posted by Admiral Keth:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Zitadelle:

Pulls up chair Ahh, so glad you asked...

My selection of homebrews include:

Old T-34 Motor Oil (Russian Imperial Stout)

I started brewing this about 4 years ago and have been tweaking it ever since. Aged six+ months. Incredible depth of character and amazingly smooth. It is my speciality, and at 12.5% ABV, packs quite a whallop.

Fulminator (Dopplebock)

Another favorite of mine, but not quite right yet. A mere 9% ABV.

Sopwith Tripplane Belgian Trippel

Aged for over a year this baby is sublime. 10% ABV.

Claymore 90-schilling Wee Heavy Scotch Ale

Aged six months, 1 pint will last an evening. A paltry 7.5% ABV.

Hawker Hurricane Tadcaster Porter

"Not any old porter in a storm"

A favorite session beer of me and my friends. 6.5% ABV.

I'm also experimenting with a dry Irish stout and a Cherry Wheat, but they are nowhere near perfection yet.

Any other homebrewers out there?</font>

<sotto voce>Hmmm, I get the feeling this is eventually going to get moved to the General Discussion forum</sotto voce>

I named Old T-34 a couple years back. Here's a couple of links to the label I have designed.

Old T-34 Front Label

Old T-34 Back Label

If you like bitter beers, Stone Brewing (San Marcos, CA) makes an IPA called Ruination. Ruination has 100+ IBU's, making it one of the bitterest beers on the planet. I highly recommend anything from Stone Brewing, including their Russian Imperial Stout, Smoked Porter, and Arrogant Bastard ale.

Another excellent Russian Imperial Stout is Storm King.

At some point, if I can find sufficient funding, I'm indending to open a microbrewery. Thus, everyone may get a chance to try Old T-34.

True story...I took a pint of Old T-34 to a Stone Brewery tasting and shared it with other people that showed up to taste. Everyone (including the Stone representative) agreed that Old T-34 was tastier than Stone's Imperial Stout.

Your enhancement looks great; thanks for incorporating the change!!! And, I wasn't really trying to be too much of a pain in the ass.

As for the T-34 stout, damn man, you tempt me more and more. I wonder if I could make you a deal that you couldn't refuse.... Sounds like it has received great reviews (BTW, I have had the Stone Brewing IPA, Stout, and Bastard Ale- as well as the Storm King Stout).

Your enhancement looks great; thanks for incorporating the change!!! And, I wasn't really trying to be too much of a pain in the ass.

No worries. Some coding can be done quickly, while other coding takes time. The quick tasks I can whip out while I'm at work <looks around for approaching boss>.

Sounds like it has received great reviews

It's good, but still not perfect. A tad too sweet. A couple more mL's of champagne yeast ought to correct that.

As for the T-34 stout, damn man, you tempt me more and more. I wonder if I could make you a deal that you couldn't refuse....

My current batch has 4 more months of conditioning to go. It'll be ready at the end of February. Drop me a line then.

(BTW, I have had the Stone Brewing IPA, Stout, and Bastard Ale- as well as the Storm King Stout).

Stone's regular IPA is really good, but Ruination...well, the name says it all. Taking a day trip down to San Marcos this weekend to refill my 3 liter Double Bastard (10%ABV) growler. This amazing brew is seductive, yet sneaks up on you with a club. try it if you can find it.

Thanks for the beer advice- I will have to look for the beers at my local beer/wine shops. Fortunately, in the DC area the good shops have quite a selection (upwards of several hundred). And, then there is the Brickskeller bar that reports having the largest available beer selection in the world (800+ labels).

Through CM, I have met quite a few beer grog-snobs; including my old nemesis YankeeDog. I guess good taste typically crossing interests (wine, wargaming, beer, history, etc...).

Now, it's back to work for me as well (looks around for the boss).