Forced Hotseat?

Hi Guys!

A quick query if I may.....

I have edited a few excellent CM scenarios/maps to my specific liking, however the odd time I have noticed that when playtesting the finished product I am forced to play Hotseat, and the 1 player option for one side is not available. Is this some type of setting the initial scenario desinger has forced upon the scenario/map forcing you to play one side only as one player?

If so, how can I overide this if possible?

Thanks

Guest Madmatt

Hotseat is forced if you select one side with assualt boats since the AI is not programmed to handle their use. This is stated in the manual as well.

Another time this happens in when once side is made up entirely of reinforcements or all air assets. A workaround is to just place a single sniper unit somewhere tucked in a map corner. That gives the AI something to play with and allows normal single play.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing).]

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 07-11-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

Hotseat is forced if you select one side with assualt boats since the AI is not programmed to handle their use. This is stated in the manual as well.

Another time this happens in when once side is made up entirely of reinforcements or all air assets. A workaround is to just place a single sniper unit somewhere tucked in a map corner. That gives the AI something to play with and allows normal single play.

Madmatt

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It seems like this could cause problems of its own - if the sniper dies, doesn't the game end?

Anyway, I can't come up with a good design reason for having one side be all reinforcements (air, yes, but that would probably be a pretty boring scenario). It seems like you could handle virtually anything by just starting the scenario later, just after the first "reinforcements" have arrived. Am I missing something here?

------------------

-Doug

Guest Imperator

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>if the sniper dies, doesn't the game end?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not if there are reinforcements pending.

Also, I've seen the AI refuse to take on too much. If I give it a few battalions of infantry, it apparently figures it would be too boring and tedious to give commands to all of those, so it sits in the corner and sulks while I play hotseat with myself.