The new Unit Picture Box

You know, the little box with the partial uniform shown and the flag in the background.

Just wanted to say that this is really well done. Gives us a look at the proper uniform for the unit selected (differentiated by rank too!), and adds a little flavor. Much better than the unit pictures from CMBO. Also much better than what I saw in my 'sneak preview' in July. At that time, only a bare US-type rank insignia was displayed in this box on a black field. That was pretty boring, but the new uniform/flag combo is terrific.

Kudos on this little new feature.

Of course, we will need a mod for an historically accurate German flag....hint, hint.

Also curious if the full game will feature accurate SS runes on the uniform collars in this box.

Originally posted by Pud:

For the axis flag just grab one of the existing CMBO flag mods from CMHQ, 440.bmp is the axis large flag, 420.bmp for the small flag and 400.bmp is the unit marker in both games.

http://www.combatmission.com/mods/interface2.asp

440.bmp

He was actually referring to the flags in the unit portrait box, I believe. But since you mention it, I have non waving flags at my GD sie also, to replace 440, etc.