Remembering Bunkers and Pillboxes

Last night in an operation on two separate occasions my Armor was firing at a Bunker that occupied woods. On both occassions, the bunker reverted back to the Iron Cross and my armor was left unable to spot the bunker. I had to sucker the bunker (running a squad over open ground) into firing so my armor could re-acquire and continue their assault. My M4's had been firing at the bunker the turn before, too! A bit odd, so I figure I should report it.

Guest Michael emrys

That does sound slightly odd. On the one hand, I suppose the assumption can be made that the bunker is so well camouflaged that it is almost impossible to see except for the muzzle flashes. On the ohter hand, if your tanks already had their guns laid on the bunker, then assuming that they *have not moved*, the firing solution would not have changed; the bunker sure wasn't going anywhere. Sounds like a case where the game engine could stand some minor refinement.

Michael

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure if a tank (not sure about other units) has a bead on a unit, that lock-on is good even through heavy smoke as long as the shooter doesn't move. I had this exact situation last night (VoT's rear-most Panzer popped smoke, but after a pair of my tanks had targeted it... their target lock has been good for 2 turns so far).