Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Vehicles

I can't give you a run down for all of them, but pay attention to the armament. The Germans mounted anything and everything in a halftrack. There are transports with MGs ( 250/1 and 251/1 ), 75mm assault guns (251/9 and I think 250/8), as well as mortars, flamethrowers, and 20mm cannons. Hope that helps. Oh, and late means that something changed in the later models, usually something small like armor quality.

curih

thanks i was just wondering if it really meant something so late is armor quality...that would mean it was worse if it was late ...the (armor)? hey another ? if u will i dl a bunch of mods and now on a ip game i cant see the bottom of my screen did one of them mees it up

There are basically two models the Sdkfz 250

and the 251. The 250 being the smaller one.

As for the numbers of the 250/? and 251/?, they indicate different versions, and to give you the run down of all those you need to consult for e.g. Chamberlain/Peters/Jentz: German Armoured Vehicle of WWII.

251/9 mounted a 75mm thats for sure.

Some versions were engineering (pioneer) vehicle, some ambulances, some standard troop transport, a think there were a cable-lying vehicle and a sound identification vehicle (to position enemy fire) and more.

The 251-versions run at least to 251/17, while I believe there were slightly fewer versions of the 250. These vehicle were also used as artillery tractors being the 3-ton,

Sdkfz ? and the 1-ton Sdkfz ?.

Hope it helped...

Cheers Jonas

Guest Germanboy

The full name would be Sonderkraftfahrzeug (Sdkfz) 251/1 - meaning Specialty Motor Vehicle Series 251. I believe the Germans ordered their military equipment to some terminology involving lots of numbers. The different variants are then being indicated by the number following the '/', e.g. 1 = APC, MG mounted, /2 mortar carrier, /8 assault version w/75mm etc.

Tanks were fully named Panzerkampfwagen (Pzkpfw) Armoured Fighting Vehicle and then a series number, e.g. I, II, III etc. with different variants indicated by letters, e.g. Panzer III N = late model, more armour, 75mm howitzer short.

So the numbering of the vehicles is just indicating an internal typology.

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.