No group waypoints?

Binkie

The CMBB demo seems to be lacking group waypoints. :mad:

Tell me I'm dreaming here. The number one problem with plotting movement in large scenarios is the "individual squad waypoint shuffle", as my Grandma likes to put it.

I am not a modern programmer, but I CANNOT BELIEVE this has not been addressed. It adds a whole lot of time and pain to what should be an easy, straightforward process. Meaning less time to enjoy the good stuff, and fewer scenarios played overall. I just spent an hour plotting a move that should have taken about 15 minutes.

I have the utmost respect for BTS' past efforts but I must simply say...

Tedious!!! For shame!!! You have probably lost my order because of this!!! Well, this, and the lack of a whole-battle movie generator.

Ah well, I will just pray it gets into CM 2, while I continue to play CMBO for another couple years.

Hi Binkie,

Yes, unfortuantely this was not easy to code at all under the current engine, so we decided to leave it until the rewrite where we will be able to do it properly.

If these were deal breakers for you, no hard feelings, each to their own. Enjoy CMBO in the mean time smile.gif

Dan

Originally posted by Binkie:

Tedious!!! For shame!!! You have probably lost my order because of this!!! Well, this, and the lack of a whole-battle movie generator.

Ah, I see that you're one of them types that completely forget everything that is good and new in CMBB, and instead come up with wishes that just CANNOT be done with the current engine. When your wishes aren't met, you create yet another Whine Topic .

Sure, d00d, you play CMBO while the rest of the world does CMBB. Doesn't bother me ! tongue.gif