AI Bizarre Behavior

Whilst playing Road to Marnach, I happened to observe the strangest thing I've ever seen the AI do. Playing the Axis, I had positioned one of my valiant panzerfaust teams in such a place where they could observe the Allies arrival. The Allied Shermans got into a bit of a traffic jam at the bottom of the hill, causing one of them to proceed down the road IN REVERSE! The GRN tanker blithely drove down the road, and made a turn at the bocage, where I just happened to have a Stug III waiting. The Stug III, laughing his ass off, calmly plugged the hapless Sherman with his first shot.

Anyone else have vehicles attack rear-end first?

Admiral:

I never had this until i read your post! Last night i was playing the scenario i sent you, as the germans.. And the same thing happened. A StuH42 got in a bit of a trafic jame and drove accross one of the bridges in reverse. Then, BLAM!!!!! he got nailed because he was driving in his slow ass reverse gear!! :mad:

Oh well the battle was still a success.

Spike...Out!

Not quite, but in the Villers-Bocage operation, I had a Crack Tiger rotate its turret 180 degrees to shoot up a fleeing crew...while still moving forward towards a collection of Cromwells and Shermans. A Cromwell then KO'd it with a rear turret shot.

Lousy way to lose a Crack Tiger, eh?

[ 08-29-2001: Message edited by: Silvio Manuel ]

I have also come across the bizaare behaviour, with units suddenly going into reverse.

A sqd of 251's at high speed along a bumpy dirt road, the guy bringing up the rear decides to go into reverse and heads along the road, admiring the view as american armour hoves into view. :eek:

I was able to get it out of sight before my opponent could send him to hell, very frustrating experience all the same.