Display Problem

Graf

Ok, I've had the game since it was first released and ran it fine on my older computer. Now I've just bought a new system and am encountering aproblem I never did before.

Everytime I start up CMBB the game runs, I hear the music playing, but my monitor is blank(solid black). I click to get to the start menu and still only hear music, still no screen. Only way I've been able to resolve this is to alt-tab back to Windows several times before it appears. Any have any suggestions?

System Specs:

WinXP

Pentium 4

2.5gig

512RAM DDR

GF4 Ti4200 64MB

I also already went and installed the Windows Service Pack for XP. Still no help...

This sounds like a graphics driver issue.

Get the latest official driver for your geforce (no beta versions), make sure directx 8.1 is installed properly, set your desktop resolution to the same resolution used in CMBB.

Do not forget to delete the file 'Combat Mission BB Prefs' in the cmbb folder, after making these changes, BEFORE starting the game.

Tankist

Ok, yeah I have the 30.82 installed but I think my problem might be my FSAA. I'll run it a few times with it off or on 4x and get right back to ya. ;)

Yep, turning FSAA off cured it. Thanks! :D

[ November 05, 2002, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: Graf ]