Very sneaky sir

Being no expert, I use sneak when I wish the men to advance cautiously and engage spotted enemies. The typical situation being the advance on an objective whith suspected enemy positions, or other situations of extreme exposure, such as advancing down streets. Sneak is sustainable, it does not wear the men down and is also not really very much slower than ordinary move commands - at least in lighter terrains. The rapid return of fire made possible by sneak reduces the threat of ambush - but of course does not eliminate it entirely.

I rarely use any other mode of movement in a combat situation, though occasionally one has to run for it. Seems to me that everytime I decide to run, I run into ambush and the ?¤!*^& men won't stop and drop, but simply charge right into the fire.

I couldn't swear on it, but I don't think the men even return fire when crawling, let alone engage spotted enemies. So they'll crawl right on even if fired upon (I believe). I use crawl when I don't want to be spotted. Crawling exhausts the men and is of course very slow going. So I use it when moving into covert positions mostly, or when trying to depart extremely discreetly.

Regards

Dandelion