M4 Sherman

I must confess that when I play the Americans I have no idea of the subtle differences between the different models of Sherman tanks. I understand that the 76 mm gun variants are best against tanks and the 75 vs infantry but I have never read anything that described the differences between the type a1 and type a3 as well as the w modifications. Is there any sort of website that makes these clear?

------------------

There was a long silence of rememberance for the dead, to which I added these names:

Ernst Neubach, Lensen, Wiener, Wesreidau, Prinz, Solma, Hoth, Olensheim, Sperlovski, Smellens, Dunde, Kellerman, Freivitch, Ballers, Frosch, Woortenbeck, Siemenlies...

I refuse to add Paula to that list, and I shall never forget the names of Hals, or Lindberg, or Pferham, or Wollers. Their memory lves within me.

There is another man, whom I must forget. He was called Guy Sajer.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chupacabra:

http://battletanks.com/usa.htm

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you for the web address but it doesn't really go into the specific differences between the various Sherman models which is what I am trying to find out.

------------------

There was a long silence of rememberance for the dead, to which I added these names:

Ernst Neubach, Lensen, Wiener, Wesreidau, Prinz, Solma, Hoth, Olensheim, Sperlovski, Smellens, Dunde, Kellerman, Freivitch, Ballers, Frosch, Woortenbeck, Siemenlies...

I refuse to add Paula to that list, and I shall never forget the names of Hals, or Lindberg, or Pferham, or Wollers. Their memory lves within me.

There is another man, whom I must forget. He was called Guy Sajer.

Go to the map editor and pick all the various Shermans.

preview the map and click on a Sherman and press enter.

This way you can compare the differences in armour, armourment, speed etc.

That should give you much of the info your looking for.