time constraint on offense

Does anyone else feel that 30 rounds for a 1500 point QB game just isn't enough for the attacker in CMBB? It was easily enough time in CMBO. Infantry are the biggest problem.

I've read the threads in here about infantry usage in CMBB, and unlike many of the other players, I find infantry more realistic AND more fun, but there doesn't seem to be enough time to use them responsibly!!! This is what is killing my attack game. Any ideas?

"Umm, change from 30 to 40 or 45 turns at the start"

Yeah yeah tough-guy. No need for the obvious answer. How about those 5000 point monsters then? If the map is massive, even 60 turns doesn't seem to come close to allowing for the appropriate time to set up the excellent cover-fire necessary to assualt effectively?

Because the infantry hit the dirt so quickly, the attacker first needs to establish armor superiority, then it needs to have MGs, mortars, and arty set up to suppress with cover fire, and by the time this is done well, a good 10 turns has usually past (of course it depends on terrain). So that doesn't give you a lot of time to "discover" enemy MG and Infantry positions. I LOVE the realism of the infantry movement in CMBB, but it slows down the pace of the game (which I still don't mind), and that is not accounted for in rounds.

Walpurgis Night,

Use the Scenario Editor to customize your battle, and in it you can set the game length to 90 turns (not sure), in CMBO I think the max. was 120 turns. If your are playing someone else (non-AI) you can use a trusted 3rd party to make the faux-QB and buy units for both sides w/o either of the real players having their FOW broken re: what units you have.

I actually think that some of the scenarios that are included in the game CD, have a little too tigh turn limits to complete the task properly while not wasting too many men.

POSSIBLE SPOILER!! (Sapristi Scenario)

Like this Italian scenario where you need to take the two bridges. Just played that one and with a first try I thought of flanking the Russians from the left side, but after I got my troops in an attack position, there wasn't enough time to do anything else than just run against that factory. With a bad result...

Second try and a straight frontal assault against the factory. With a this strategy I won the scenario, but I don't think that no sane officer would have ordered his troops to advance in an open wheatfield when there's machineguns waiting for them in factory windows...

Originally posted by Walpurgis Night:

P5. Agreed! But, scenarios don't seem to give me as much trouble. The AI is not as smart.

Yes, I just thought that I wouldn't have won that scenario, with a strategy like that, if there would have been a human player guiding Russian troops.

Not a chance...