Approach to Sevastopol: Bug or a mod error?

P5

I'm not sure if this has been noticed before, but I'm playing the scenarios in a chronological order and I started to look what battles lies in head of me and noticed that the German's are assaulting Sevastopol in the summer of 1944! At least that what it says in the scenario list, but when you go and see the briefing, it gives you the correct year, 1942.

I have downloaded bunch of mod's, so maybe the error lies somewhere in those zip files. But if it's real bug (well, just a typing error) it probably wouldn't be that hard to include correction in some patch.

Altough not that big of a problem really, but for new customers it probably would be nice if the numbers would match in scenario list and in the briefing.

And while I'm at this subject, it would help alot my playing if I could sort those scenarios by date...

Strange, I just looked at my original, and the date on that screen is correct. Must have accidently been changed someplace along the line. It is, of course, 1942. I checked my son's computer also [he made it], and it is set to 1942.

Rune

Yes I have the CDV copy of this game, so maybe they made a mistake?

Altough I was wondering, that could the ScenarioIconBar mod cause this kind of typing error?

I haven't gone through the rest of the scenarios, that are there more of these kind of typing errors.

If someone still has a clean CDV install, maybe they could check it out.

P5,

I don´t think it has anything to do with mods. The briefings are text-files which are incorporated into the scenario. The description which shows up in the scenario selection menu is also part of the saved scenario.

I do have a couple of vehicle mods installed and a different splash screen. The Sevastopol typo is the only error I´ve encountered so far besides some few and minor things in the translation of units which I´ve only seen when using the scenario editor.

If it annoys you, just load it in the editor and select Parameters. There you can change the text and save the scenario.

Cheers

Nolloff

[ November 04, 2002, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: Nolloff ]