Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Flak vehicles... again...

I know that many people consider using the 7/1 and 7/2 flak vehicles to be gamey. But what if they are used in their "correct" manner, as mobile anti-aircraft vehicles?

In my current PBEM game (3000 pts attack) I bought two of them to follow behind my panzers and hopefully keep the enemy jabos at bay. The alternative to this would have been to purchase some stationary flak and leave them in my setup zone for the whole game. Now, is this gamey?

I would say definatly not, that seems a realistic organisation.

It is not gamey picking them but it can be on how you use them. Like jeeps they are not gamey until you use them to rush forward to expose enemy positions. The same goes for using any unit used to wrongly just to get a win.

problem is, you cannot control the tacASI of these vehicles, and they will shoot at enemy ground targets just the same if they happen to get close to them.

another thing is that if you keep them to your rear, chances are they are the only unscatrhed units left at the end of the battle, and many players will then start to use them, because they are the only thing left.