Which Bocage/Hedgerow Scenarios do you suggest?

Try first "The Sunken Lane" (UK vs. German SS). A reasonable Allied force size, and reasonable map without being too overwhelming.

As a caveat---bocage has a bit of a "problem" now. If your troops, caught in the open near a bocage hedge, are fired on, there is a tendency for panicky troops to regard the bocage line as "safe cover" and run INTO the bocage, even if enemy troops are firing from the other side. Needless to say, troops that get "hung up" in bocage in this way tend to die quickly.

BTS plans to modifiy/fix this in the next version of v1.1. In the meantime, if you are advancing in bocage fields, make sure that the front troops advancing are well covered with supporting firepower from behind them.

Ed

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

Try mine! It's called "Comes the Artillery" from the book "Night Drop" by SLA Marshall. It's a recreation of the attack on the town of Les Drouries by the 101st Airborne during the Normandy invasion. It features an accurate map, right down to the individual buildings and hedgerows. I got the map straight out of the book. You can get it off of the scenario depot on the CMHQ website, or just E-Mail me. Thanks!

teamski@flexnet.co.uk

-Ski

------------------

"The Lieutenant brought his map out and the old woman pointed to the coastal town of Ravenoville........"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wild Bill Wilder:

A few others you might consider..

Le Lorey, A Hard Stand (smaller scenario)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Le Lorey is a great small bocage scenario for either pbem or against the computer; it's also good for TCPIP play, but because the Allied player needs time to coordinate, you should give the Allies at least 5 minutes per move.

In my view, the most fun (and highly stressful) is first to play the Germans without knowing what the Allies have, then if you get creamed, play the Germans again, then play the Allies after you have won with the Germans. You should be able to win with either side against the AI. For human vs human play, a player who knows the scenario has a significant advantage over one who doesn't, unless he is playing the Allies against a German player who knows how to wait.

Great scenario, Wild Bill, one of my favorites.