MG42 versus M2 .50 Cal.

ICM1947,

You are welcome. The least I could do. Also, since my military experience does not transfer to specific civilian jobs, I can play CMBO, and post lengthy replies ,while my wife thinks I am looking for a job. :D

Where did they get the info relating to an MG42 crew being 6??? The typical crew for a light MG would be 3. The three crew were referred to as Shutz 1, Shutz 2, and Shutz 3. As for ammo, typically most of the squad would help with the burdon of ammo, but they were not counted as part of the crew. I am unsure whether the number would increase if it were a heavy MG, but even then the mount and sights would be the only additional equipment. That could easily be carried by one of the three.

Originally posted by reichpapers:

Where did they get the info relating to an MG42 crew being 6??? The typical crew for a light MG would be 3. The three crew were referred to as Shutz 1, Shutz 2, and Shutz 3. As for ammo, typically most of the squad would help with the burdon of ammo, but they were not counted as part of the crew. I am unsure whether the number would increase if it were a heavy MG, but even then the mount and sights would be the only additional equipment. That could easily be carried by one of the three.

HMG crew was 6 people, the LMG crew was 2 or 3 depending upon the situation and employment -- some TO and E call for 2 crew LMG security teams..

[ April 24, 2002, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: Slapdragon ]