New Maps

Well, I lack the tactical knowledge to even think about a PBEM, I can’t color between the lines so modding is out of the question and the everything I learned about the Soviet Army comes from “Enemy at the Gates,” which means any scenario I made would have Jude Law simultaneously sniping Germans and proposing to his girlfriend in a factory sewer.

I can make maps, though. I just don’t know if I can male a good one. I left some at CM Mod Database so if anyone wants to check them out, feel free. I do like making maps, though, so if anyone has any feedback, hints, advice or requests, please let me know.

MAPPAK1PIC.JPG

I like the one in the lower left hand corner of your post, and probably the lower right hand corner too.

One thing you might try to make your maps more convincing is to avoid the "rectilinear" look of straight lines and right angles. If you go out into nature and think about what you are looking at, you may notice that there is a definite logic to the landscape, but it is a more subtle, complex, and flowing logic than most man-made creations. Even farmland, which is of course to a degree man-made, betakes of this flowing with nature.

Michael

[ November 29, 2002, 10:27 PM: Message edited by: Michael emrys ]