Biltongs Rules Players and Map Makers

Guys,

The more I play with the Map Import facility, the more excited I get.

It looks like it would be quite possible to play a whole campaign on pre-made maps.

In other words: a massive Operation covering the whole CMBB theatre of operations from 41 to 45….

All we need is maps…

The rule modifications would be insignificant… Depending on Map & Battle Type you will simply download the next map on a list … everything else remains the same.

What I’ve got in mind so far:

A new Map Sheet with 5 Map Types: City; Large Town; Village; Farm and Rural

If someone sends me a map I’ll modify the setup zones and flags and create 7 variations for: Axis Assault/Attack/Probe/ME/Allied Assault/Attack/Probe.

E.g.: “Pretty Ax-As” for the Axis Assault variation of the Village map called “Pretty”

You as the map creator can do this for me as well.

I’ll add the names to the Map Sheet and upload them to the Scenario Depot (or another suitable host).

Once we’ve got our first couple of maps you’ll be warned to download the new Map Sheet. When you need to roll up a new battle the rules will tell you which Map Type & Battle Type (as per normal). You check on the Map Sheet for the relevant Map Type & Battle Type and download the specified file from the host and import into the Real Battle.

If you’ve already played the one on the Map Sheet, you simply take the next one. If there’s no ‘next one’ yet, you roll up and generate as before.

In time we should be able to have a batch of very accurate maps for specific locations, esp. cities, but for now I think we can just storm ahead and create as wide a variety of maps as soon as possible.

Most of you have never created a map. DON’T WORRY – whatever you do can’t be worse than the QB map generator :rolleyes: Just send them…. The more the merrier.

Later we can sort out and put the best ones at the top…

Restrictions: hardly any – I’ll post if we have too many or too few of a certain type/size etc. One definite restriction: Stick to the default: Axis/West and Allied/East.

Is there anyone out there who would like to take on the responsibility of managing Map Sheet and maps?

You would have to check or modify the setup zones/flags for each Battle Type variation. Upload the maps to the host and update the Map Sheet. Someone with some experience in creating maps/scenarios.

I hope to have a host for the rules and the Map Sheet soon. I’ll contact Scenario Depot and ask about hosting the Maps.

As for rule changes: Off hand I can think only think of 3 parameters that will be affected: Tree Cover, Hilliness and Damage. These are set when creating the map and I don’t want to dictate to the designers. I want interesting variations… e.g.: play with your setup zones… we all know what the QB does when it’s an Axis Assault. It would be nice to be surprised with the Soviet setup for a change tongue.gif

Any ideas/suggestions/offers of help?

Biltong