Add dig foxhole feature?

I'm not sure if this has been brought up but would the ability to dig foxholes be possible? Currently only use of existing foxholes or old/new craters is available.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Remember where ever you go there you are!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guest Michael emrys

There is some doubt at least in my own mind whether there is time within a CM battle for a unit to dig the kind of entrenchment that a "Foxhole" is meant to represent in the game. It has bacome fairly clear I think that it is more than one of those shallow trenches just big enough for one man to lie down in that you see in the old movies.

Michael

Guest ACTOR

There has been a great deal of discussion on this topic, including one or two folks going out and trying to dig a foxhole! The results all seem to say that there is little evidence that this type of feature belongs in CM.

IIRC one guy dug for 20 or so minutes and barely had a hole you could lay down in, much less fight from.

Did you do a search on 'fox hole' or 'digging in'? If not, try that.

Thanks for the info, after my original post in hindsight I thought it might not work do to time limitaions. As for searching the group? Nope didn't think of it. I will in the future though.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Remember where ever you go there you are!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>