Problem with game saves. (CMBB) crashing .

I have had the game running on my rig

(Athlon 1ghz, 384mb Gforce2MX) for some time now.

Everything fine no problems.

However I downloaded the stalingrad scenario pack and have been playing

The Bitter End

Now when trying to load saved games the system crashes. Games I saved earlier on in the operation wont load either even though they did previously.

What is strange is that I actually saved the game at a certian juncture and named that particular save "BUG" this is because I noticed that one the unit info for members can casualties

(You know where the helmet and the red cross is)

was reading 56 for alive and 23 for dead (Or combat ineffective etc etc)I saved this so I could send to the relevant authorities.

Anyway theres my problem.

Wonder if you have Win2K? I had an answer to a similar(ish) problem from MadMatt that helped quite a lot: turn off the indexing and/or compression in the CMBB folder. (Right click for properties --> advanced)

Whenever the game crashed, it used to make all of the saved games in connection with the battle/op at hand unplayable, but by turning off the indexing, all the saved games work after a crash, just the autosave will corrupted. Saving often in larger maps is thus quite recommendable...