What are Russian Mountain Troops!

I was so annoyed by having WG icons on my Scenario Choice screen, I decided to have ago at making my own icon mod - despite having low graphically ability.

Then I looked at the Russian Icons the Red Star on light blue background for airborne etc, and thought how original - we can do better than this!

So far found actual badges for most of these unit types - some are specific units rather than for a type of unit - but for the life of me I can find no trace of red army mountain troops or Ski troops.

Any body got any ideas - are they real troop types or were they just alternative infantrymen with a different load out of small arms be impressed if you know of badges for them.

Sorry I have started to ramble a bit. It’s the Euro version it’s getting to me! I will get my books out and check again. :confused:

There is a book about Russian ski units which I read a few years ago. I believe the author's name was Sharp, and the book was part of an overall series concerning the Russian Army in WWII. You may be able to locate it through "Amazon.com.",or the like. Hope this helps. smile.gif

Probably should put this in a new post. I have found and scanned the pics of Guard Badges etc, but they look dreadful when I reduce them down and try putting them in the 11240.bmp. Am I barking up the wrong tree - the originals are very simple and colourful but some of the modded versions for CMBO had fairly complicated badges.

Can anybody with experience of doing such mods point me in the right direction?