2 scenarios for testing

Greetings all! First off, I would like to thank all the individuals involved in both developing and providing mods for CMMOS! Talk about adding another dimension to an awesome game! :D

Second, I've created 2 new scenarios-- both designed to be played as the Allies first. Feel free to download them through the following links and then provide comments for feedback here on this post.

The Three Stugs

Alipine Venture

Enjoy them! Cheers!

[ 11-03-2001: Message edited by: themaltese ]</p>

:D LOL Yes, "Alpine Venture" is a real sweat machine. "The Three Stugs" would be better suited for less time consuming entertainment (note that you should play it first as the Allies, and then as the Germans). I based it on a real incident involving 3 Stugs (I believe). Enjoy!

TheMaltese...

I have unloaded and installed both - many thanks. Herewith a little constructive criticism that is NOT in anyway a 'spoiler'.

Neither scenario has much in the way of a briefing. May I suggest the following format?

1)Ground - important features on the map

2)Situation enemy forces - as accurate or inaccurate as you deem appropriate. (Let's face it, Intelligence do get things wrong occasionally).

3)Situation friendly forces, including artillery and expected reinforcements.

4)Mission.

This sort of information allows the player to formulate a realistic plan of attack. I have just finished a huge scenario which also had a less than adequate briefing. Reinforcements arrived throughout the battle that I had been told nothing about. If I had been told about them in the original briefing (which would have occurred in real-life) I would have certainly done things differently.

They do look interesting though; I will attempt the 3 Stug one first. One final thing, in the 3 Stug briefing, you suggest playing American - it should be British!!

Regards,

Richard

smile.gifsmile.gif

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone. First of all, thank you all for your recommendations. I have changed some things around in The Three Stugs (mostly the briefings and some unit modifications). I left Alpine Venture alone since it seems people were satisfied with it. ...and speaking of Alpine Venture... I noticed that someone was nice enough to submit that scenario for me to the Scenario Depot with all due credit to me. Thank you (whoever you are). :D If the Three Stugs meets your satisfaction, I can only ask that you do the same for this scenario. I'm taking off for a well-deserved Christmas vacation for the next 3 weeks, and will not be even close to a computer after Dec. 17. Hence, a VERY MERRY SEASON's GREETINGS AND CHEER to all of you!

BTW: The 2 links at the start of my post have been updated to include the new Three Stugs, and work fine (I tested them). Cheers! smile.gif

[ 12-16-2001: Message edited by: themaltese ]</p>

On turn 25 of 3 Stugs as Germans vs pbem. This is an exciting game where you can have 3 rather distinct battles going on at the same time.

The fortunes of war changed dramatically in a short period of time. I went from wondering when I will be crushed to dancing for joy all within about 40 seconds.

Not over yet... Toad

• 4 weeks later...