How difficult is CMBB????

kappa

I was just wondering about how hard or easy CMBB is for you guys? (AI dose not get any experience and fog of war is set to full)

It just seems to me that the A I is not very hard to beat, sure sometimes it might be a close battle, but actually I have won every battle i played until now (apx. 7). I would really like to know how hard you guys think it is?

Cherrs! smile.gif

Well, if you rush into a situation or get bogged down it can be really difficult to get a positive outcome. I've only lost two battles and I lost them for one of the two above reasons.

Despite winning pretty much the same amount as in CMBO, I've found CMBB to be more fun to play. I've actually been able to cut off troops by pinning them or flanking, something I never could get to work before.

the other thing i noticed is that once the battle is over you get to see all the remaining enemy troops on the battle field. It often happens that I see whole fresh tank platoons (actually found apx. 13 russian tanks who had not seen combat sit in one corner of the battlefield doing nothing the whole game) infantry battalionsetc. Why is it that the AI simply dose not use all of its forces?

At the level of complexity CMBB is at the AI has hard time against the human brain (for anyone that is an experienced wargamer.) The best games are really human vs. human. If you want really challenging AI battles tell the computer to choose 3 or 4 times your number of points (if you're defending.)

Originally posted by kappa:

the other thing i noticed is that once the battle is over you get to see all the remaining enemy troops on the battle field. It often happens that I see whole fresh tank platoons (actually found apx. 13 russian tanks who had not seen combat sit in one corner of the battlefield doing nothing the whole game) infantry battalionsetc. Why is it that the AI simply dose not use all of its forces?

The AI isn't very good at attacking (or M.E.'s- really any type of advancing mission), it kind of just swarms a flag, particularly the flags near where it first sights/shoots at you. On defense, it may still stay piecemeal (it likes to set-up to defend ALL flags), but overall it's a bit better. I still respect the programming a lot, they've done well for a game this complex.

My big pet peeve is that the AI is too stingy using its artillery, esp. considering that it routinely sends in invaluable spotters into harm's way as "scouts" for some reason.