Bug in Operations!

Today I started a big operation via TCP/IP against my bother. He is the attacker (American) and I am the German defender. We have Full fog of War enabled and are using 1.12. Anyway, after the first battle, I was schocked to find out that I could see the setup location of every unit he had on the map, because under each american unit was a freshly dug foxhole. It didn't matter if I had line of sight to these positions or not. I could still see the foxhole. Coversely (and rightly so) the attacker is unable to see a dugin position of the defending Germans until an attacking unit physically spots it.

I'm really surprised this bug has not been spotted sooner since it really detracts from playing operations, since the attacker is at an enormous disadvantage. I know right where to call in artillery from the very first turn, regardless of LOS.

Anyone know what's going on here? Unfortunately, BTS will likely not be fixing it, but it makes operations kinda pointless.

These foxholes appeared in the second battle and were without a doubt the new setup positions of my opponent (the attacking americans). I even created an operation in the editor to experiment and then ran the game hotseat the confirm. There is definately something wrong.

This was on the second battle of a 10 turn operation and the map is huge and his units didn't start within LOS of my units., so they shouldn't be able to see foxholes from my units within wooded areas and other locations.

I'd like to know if BTS knowns about this operations bug?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Specterx:

Why does the attacking side get foxholes? :confused:

Was this on the second/third/fourth battle of the operation? If so then you might simply be seeing the foxholes that you occupied the previous round.<hr></blockquote>

Hmmm. I think something somewhere in our game got corrupted. What is strange is that I had immediately created a test op after I noticed the problem and that one had the same problem. However, I came back later this evening, after having rebooted my system and can no longer duplicate the problem.

I'll keep my eye on this and see if I can figure out what the heck happened, but It seems it may have been just a glitch.